Marzipan Apple Pie

Marzipan Apple Pie Recipe

You’re the apple of my pie.

No, seriously, you’re sweet enough to eat.

This pie was truly a labor of love… and a product of this amazing community.

Yes, I made it, but it wouldn’t have happened at all without my inspiring friends, readers, and the food blog community at large. The filling recipe is loosely adapted from Bravetart’s amazing cookbook and the crust is Laura’s miraculous stand-mixer pie crust (seriously). Not to mention that the inspiration to make an apple pie with marzipan came from one of you!

Marzipan Apple Pie Recipe with super flaky pie crust

I’ll admit, I’ve never really loved apple pie (I’ll choose a chocolate dessert over a fruit one any day) and probably never would have chosen to make one for Thanksgiving. But when reader Michelle commented in my facebook group that she likes to add cubes of marzipan to the apple pie filling… well you don’t need to say marzipan twice to get me on board.

Of course it took me a few tries to get it right (easy as pie my a$$) but the end result is well worth it.

(more…)



from Love and Olive Oil http://ift.tt/2z3wmPK

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Raspberry Pectin Gummies (no Gelatin!)

These delightfully chewy raspberry gummies are made with real fruit and set with pectin (indeed, there’s no gelatin required for this recipe...