Homemade Pistachio Butter

Pistachio butter may not be as ubiquitous as peanut or almond butter, but it is by far my favorite of all the nut butters, with its gorgeous green hue and unique nutty flavor. Making your own is surprisingly easy: all you need are pistachios and a food processor or high-powdered blender.

I tested half a dozen batches of homemade pistachio butter so you don’t have to! I experimented with various methods including blanching and toasting the nuts, different appliances, and a few different types of pistachios to determine the best and easiest way to make the creamiest, greenest pistachio butter ever.

Glass jar with bright green Homemade Pistachio Butter, a spoonful lifting to show the creamy texture, with slivered and shell pistachios scattered around.

Pistachio butter has become a staple around these parts (you could say I’m going through a bit of a pistachio phase right now), and I’ve been using it regularly in recipes, some of which require multiple rounds of testing. So, needless to say, I’ve been going through a lot of pistachio butter.

I had been buying jars of pre-made pistachio butter for my recipe testing, but it’s not cheap, nor is it very consistent in terms of color (and while that might not matter to you, when I want a beautifully photographed pistachio recipe, that iconic green color is very important, we eat with our eyes first after all!)

(more…)

from Love and Olive Oil https://ift.tt/nSxvLq2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Meyer Lemon Curd (Extra Thick!)

This tart and tangy Meyer lemon curd is extra thick (thanks to the extra thickening power of cornstarch), with a smooth and creamy mouthfeel...