Beyond the Kitchen: Skin Deep Edition (Beauty Favorites)

It’s it just me, or is the world skincare-obsessed these days?

Or was I just oblivious to it before?

That may very well be, as just a few years ago I could barely be bothered to wash my face twice a day and balked at an $11 drugstore cleanser. My how things change, which would be obvious if you saw the sheer number of products in my bathroom…

Needless to say, I went through a bit of a skincare frenzy last year, spurned by the onset of some pesky acne. We have to deal with enough sh*t as adults, but acne AND wrinkles at the same time? So annoying. Luckily, I feel like I’m finally on the other side of it. It took a lot of trial and error to figure out what my skin likes and doesn’t, learning what ingredients to avoid for acne-prone skin (and moreso, realizing that throwing all the products at a problem isn’t the solution), but I feel like I’ve finally settled into a routine that works for my skin, and am excited to say my acne is finally, mostly (if not entirely) under control.

But more than that, I actually enjoy washing my face now, and look forward to my nighttime routine (except flossing, I still hate that).

 

Some of my favorite skincare & makeup products!

Look, I know this is a food blog, but it’s also my blog, and since skincare is right up there with black sesame and caramelized white chocolate in terms of my recent obsessions, I wanted to share some of my favorite products with you (just in time for round 2 of Sephora’s Holiday Bonus event which begins tomorrow! If you don’t yet have Rouge status, VIBs and Insiders should get their own sales in the coming weeks.)

I mean, skincare is basically food for your skin, right? Totally appropriate.

Click through for more!

(more…)



from Love and Olive Oil https://ift.tt/2EShn3l

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Homemade Raspberry Pectin Gummies (no Gelatin!)

These delightfully chewy raspberry gummies are made with real fruit and set with pectin (indeed, there’s no gelatin required for this recipe...