Toasted Coconut Sugar Cookies

Coconut lovers, this one’s for you: these toasted coconut sugar cookies are soft, chewy, and coconutty to the max, packed with a triple dose of coconut flavor (in the form of coconut oil, coconut extract, and shredded coconut to finish it off).

These superbly soft coconut sugar cookies come together in a jiffy, with near-instant satisfaction, no chilling required (and you don’t even need an electric mixer, either!)

Toasted Coconut Sugar Cookies

I’ll admit that when I first heard that Amoretti’s July flavor of the month was coconut, I was a bit stumped.

Coconut desserts have never been my favorite (the fact I accidentally just typed ‘coconot‘ instead of ‘coconut‘ just then is proof of that fact). I love coconut in savory applications (like coconut shrimp and red curry), but in sweet ones? Normally I’d say no thank you and move on to something chocolate.

But these cookies, y’all. These cookies seriously surprised me, with a sweet and satisfying coconut flavor that was more than enjoyable even for a coconut-skeptic like myself. They’re soft and chewy on the inside with a delicate crunch on the outside.

(more…)

from Love and Olive Oil https://ift.tt/cKfViWa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Meyer Lemon Curd (Extra Thick!)

This tart and tangy Meyer lemon curd is extra thick (thanks to the extra thickening power of cornstarch), with a smooth and creamy mouthfeel...