The Best of 2021

Another year gone by. What can I say? 2021 seems, in many ways, to be an extension of 2020, somehow both flying by and dragging along at the same time. Almost like time has no meaning anymore.

Would you believe I’ve been blogging for nearly 15 years? I threw a brunch party for the big 1-0, perhaps I’ll figure out a different (more socially-distanced) way to celebrate this new milestone come February. Because 15 years is no small feat in the blogging world, I’m practically ancient!

I may have posted a bit less this year than in past years, but I feel like the quality of my posts and recipes has continued to improve. Or maybe I’m just becoming more of a perfectionist as I get older, leading to me scrapping recipe ideas that I would have deemed perfectly acceptable in years past.

Longer posts, more photos, more thorough and obsessive recipe testing… the sheer amount of hours that go in to a single post boggles my mind sometimes, especially when compared to my… er… brevity in earlier years (I used to just throw up a single image, a paragraph or two, and call it day. Imagine that.)

I definitely get frustrated at times, when I’ve tested a recipe 5 times and it’s fine but I know it could be better, or when the light isn’t cooperating or the final product doesn’t look as appetizing as it should be. I fully admit to taking my frustration out on some baked goods on more than one occasion.

But then I remember the reason I do this: because feeding people is my love language, and since I can’t possible invite you all over for dinner, sharing recipes in this space that’s essentially a virtual dining table, recipes that you in turn share with your families? That’s what makes it all worth while for me. (I won’t deny the fact that getting paid to bake is a pretty sweet deal too, I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t part of the reason I’m still here. And for that I thank you for your continued support; every click and comment and like supports me and allows me to take that time to continue to create new recipes for you.)

(more…)



from Love and Olive Oil https://ift.tt/3FLhhpw

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Meyer Lemon Curd (Extra Thick!)

This tart and tangy Meyer lemon curd is extra thick (thanks to the extra thickening power of cornstarch), with a smooth and creamy mouthfeel...