Ultimate Pistachio Lover’s Gelato

With a light and creamy pistachio base, crunchy chopped pistachios, and a luxurious swirl of white chocolate pistachio cream, this homemade pistachio gelato is for serious pistachio lovers only.

This isn’t your boring old pistachio ice cream. With triple the pistachio flavor and a delightful contrast of textures from crunchy to creamy, it takes pistachio to a whole new level.

Two cones of pistachio gelato overturned on a white plate with two spoons and dish of green pistachios on the side.

Taylor knows what he likes. When he finds it, he sticks with it (lucky for me, lol).

But this is also true for gelato. All throughout our travels, all the amazing gelato and ice cream shops we’ve discovered that wow me with their creative flavors, 9 out of 10 times he’ll end up with the pistachio.

Needless to say, he’s been a happy boy these last few weeks as I was testing this recipe.

Scoops of pistachio gelato in a shallow dish with a layer of pistachio cream on top.

I originally decided to make a pistachio gelato to use up the leftover jars of various pistachio creams/butters I had from testing these delicious morsels.

…and ultimately ended up buying way more pistachio stuff because I just can’t leave well enough alone.

Not only did I want to make a luscious, creamy pistachio gelato, but I also wanted to add a swirl of pistachio cream AND crunchy candied pistachios. The ultimate pistachio gelato, if you will.

But that basically meant I was testing 3 recipes in one.

I really make things hard on myself, don’t I?

(Of course, if Taylor was in charge he would make plain ass pistachio. But we all know that’s not how I roll.)

(more…)



from Love and Olive Oil https://ift.tt/31k6YEg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pumpkin Pecan Coffee Cake

This fabulous fall coffee cake will satisfy your seasonal cravings, with a tender, moist crumb packed with pumpkin flavor and fragrant fall ...