Flaky Pie Crust Crackers: 3 Ways

Flaky Pie Crust Crackers Recipes with 3 Delicious Flavor Variations!

I mentioned in my Chicken Pot Pie Soup recipe earlier this week that, when it comes to pot pie, the crust is honestly the best part (I’m sure you don’t disagree). And since a soup doesn’t have crust, well, I need to be sure I got that buttery flaky element into the recipe somehow.

So…

I whipped up a half batch of my favorite pie crust and cut it into cute little star shapes. Brushed with egg wash and sprinkled with flake sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, I popped them in the oven, expecting a salty cracker something like a cheese-less cheezit.

When they came out of the oven looking like THIS though, it was heart eyes from here to Timbuktu. I mean, just look at those layers!!

Flaky Pie Crust Crackers, 3 Ways: Cinnamon Sugar, Salt & Pepper, Garlic & Herb

While the star-shaped crackers I made for the chicken pot pie soup were simply (and perfectly) seasoned with salt and pepper, you could take this same cracker concept in a myriad of different directions, both sweet and savory.

Flavor Variations:

Salt & Pepper: sprinkle crackers with a bit of flake sea salt and coarsely ground black pepper. These happen to be my favorites especially for topping on soups like this one.

Garlic & Herb: sprinkle with garlic salt and Italian herb seasoning.

Cinnamon Sugar: mix 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon in a small dish and then sprinkle over crackers. This sweet variation would be great served with ice cream. If you want, you can also add a tablespoon of sugar to the dough itself to make it even sweeter.

That’s only the beginning, I’m sure… you only have to look in your spice cabinet/drawer/rack for inspiration.

(more…)



from Love and Olive Oil http://ift.tt/2E5VVUB

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Meyer Lemon Curd (Extra Thick!)

This tart and tangy Meyer lemon curd is extra thick (thanks to the extra thickening power of cornstarch), with a smooth and creamy mouthfeel...