How to Make Applesauce

The best homemade applesauce! This applesauce recipe is naturally sweetened with maple syrup and tastes like the inside of an apple crisp! #healthy

Forget everything you’ve ever disliked about store-bought applesauce. Homemade applesauce is another animal. It tastes like the inside of an apple pie!

Homemade applesauce is a healthy and delicious snack on its own. Don’t stop there, though. I love to serve it with ice cream like it’s an apple crisp. Pile homemade applesauce onto toast with almond or peanut butter. Swirl it into your oatmeal.

Layer applesauce between yogurt and granola for an apple parfait and people go wild. The apple crisp parfaits in my cookbook were a favorite with my recipe testers.

chopped apples

I use maple syrup (or honey) instead of plain sugar to naturally sweeten my applesauce. Bonus? With liquid sweetener, you can easily add more to taste at the end, so you won’t risk ending up with too-sweet applesauce. If you’re a fan of tart applesauce or if you’re using particularly sweet apples, you can leave out the sweetener altogether for no-sugar-added applesauce.

I like my applesauce on the chunky side, but you can blend it smooth if you prefer. Since this applesauce is thick, I found that my food processor does a better job of blending than my immersion blender.

Bottom line, this applesauce is a fun and easy recipe to make. It’s apple season, so let’s get to it! If you have extra apples, check out my apple steel-cut oatmeal and apple muffins. More apple recipes here.

Continue to the recipe...

The post How to Make Applesauce appeared first on Cookie and Kate.



from Cookie and Kate http://ift.tt/2zlYCSi

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Meyer Lemon Curd (Extra Thick!)

This tart and tangy Meyer lemon curd is extra thick (thanks to the extra thickening power of cornstarch), with a smooth and creamy mouthfeel...